I am certified as an Eating Disorder Specialist through the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals. I treat individuals, couples, families, and groups. I am experienced working with individuals struggling with Eating Disorders including Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder. I also treat Mood Disorders, Anxiety, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Additionally, I provide relationship coaching services to individuals and couples. I work with clients to provide individualized care with an emphasis upon mindfulness, respect and empowerment. I am interested in working with the community to provide Eating Disorder awareness and prevention programs for schools, colleges and professionals.
I focus on the collaborative treatment of Eating Disorders and co-occurring diagnoses. I use Family Based Therapy to work with families who are struggling with an Eating Disorder. I also provide Group Therapy. Therapeutic modalities include Family Based Treatment,Cognitive Behavioral, Emotion Focused Family Therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapies. When providing relationship coaching services, I work with the strengths that couples and individuals possess to guide them in a direction of developing confidence in themselves and fulfillment in their relationships.
I practice in a quiet, private loft space that is conducive to mental health and wellness. This includes therapy space, a group room for art, a space for the practice of mindfulness and reflection before or after a therapy session, and a space for meal coaching and to provide FBT.
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- Academy of Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorder Coalition of Iowa
- Iowa Mental Health Counselors Association
- Certified Eating Disorder Professional (CEDS)
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED)
- Eating Disorders Coalition for Research, Policy & Action (EDC) eatingdisorderscoalition.org
- Eating Disorders Information Network (EDIN) myedin.org
- Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders (F.E.A.S.T.) feast-ed.org
- The International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals Foundation (IAEDP) iaedp.com
- Maudsley Parents maudsleyparents.org
- National Association for Males with Eating Disorders (N.A.M.E.D.)
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) anad.org
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) nationaleatingdisorders.org
- Project HEAL theprojectheal.org
- Trans Folx Fighting Eating Disorders (T-FFED) transfolxfightingeds.org
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy www.emotionfocusedfamilytherapy.org
- Family Based Therapy www.waldeneatingdisorders.com
- Emotion Focused Therapy drsuejohnson.com